Google Buzz

I could be wrong - I have been frequently - but Google Buzz may be one of the least well-named items around.

I suppose actually that's not true because it is creating a buzz of sorts. It just happens to be a general buzz on Twitter and Facebook that Google Buzz is disappointing.

Google doesn't seem to have understood that there isn't really plurality in the social networking market unless you genuinely offer something unique.

So Twitter exists because of, not despite, its 140 character limit and Facebook exists because where would you be without hours spent flicking through complete stranger's wedding pictures.

But Google Buzz adds little to this - it's just another thing to update when updating brings very little reward in itself.

But then again, as I have said, I could be wrong....

No comments:

Post a Comment