Immediacy

Being a journo and one specifically dedicated to the Internet I am fully aware of how immediate stuff is in the modern age.
David Beckham stubbs a toe and we have a flash, a ticker and a user-generated picture in seconds. A filthy company like Trafigura tries to circumvent democracy and the Twitternety achieves more in five minutes than the fourth estate could in five days.
You get the picture.
But it all came crashing home this week. I check Rightmove every day to see if there is a house for sale in my village. There never is but I am one hopeful bunny so I do it any anyway.
Last week I was at the news:rewired journalism conference in London and, due to technical difficulties, was unable to check Rightmove.
Big mistake and long story short the perfect house came up and the 24 hour delay lost us the home(that and some estate agent issues I won't share due to an inability to control my rage).
Lesson learnt - don't relax for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment