Where's the Web 2.0 interaction

Had a surprising lecture this morning.

In talking to students about citizen journalism - and specifically the self-publishing aspect of citizen journalism and its influence on mass media - it became apparant that very few students use Twitter, write blogs or post to YouTube.

They seemed amazed by the potential of it all and hadn't really thought beyond the social-networking applications of the sources.

I always assume that this sort of thing will be second nature to people in their late teens and early 20s but that was not the case this morning.

Still, I hope I might have changed their view slightly. Especially when I became evangelical about AudioBoo and its potential - more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds intriguing, I'm going to give Audioboo a go. As for us students not using Twitter etc to its fullpotential, I'd suggest that it's hardto consistently post cutting edge news updates regularly when the average day consists of 1pm breakfast, Countdown and Deal or no deal.

    ReplyDelete