Blowing up

First blog and already a negative one.

Took part in the Woodstock 12 today - a 12 mile run in the grounds of Blenheim Palace and I had high hopes of achieving about 1hr 30mins but due to plenty of extenuating factors ran 1hr 43. The last mile took me 14 minutes which is a shocker.

The extenuating factors - aka excuses - include having a cold all week, the weather being staggeringly hot for the middle of September, losing a toenail halfway round and being generally rubbish.

After 8 miles I was going like a train and planning a smug blog with tips for successful running. After 10 I was being passed to fat blokes who kept patting me and tell me to keep going.

The only good to come out of this is that it was a Saturday run and I have two days to get over it before going back to work to welcome the students back on Monday. Got a feeling I'll still be hobbling but I hope they'll take pity on me anway.

No comments:

Post a Comment