Why oh why?

This story caught my attention today for the sheer horrific brutality of it.

As a journalist I shouldn't use adjectives of course but as a parent and, above, all a human being, this has shocked me.

To my eternal shame, I used to work for the Daily Mail. I say shame because I despise the editorial stance of scaremongering and othering but my reaction to this story and what this family had to suffer is right up there with the Mail.

String 'em up I say. And I find myself calling for heads within the police force that failed the family so badly - and that is from someone who rails against the scapegoat generation we have become.

But sometimes, just sometimes, perhaps a strong response is justified. Maybe I'll write to my MP but I'm sure he's too busy rubbishing the Government to do much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment