Restoring faith

A colleague tried to restore my faith in football and football fans today.

I'm not sure it worked but I had to admire his stance. He holds a senior position, involving countless admin-heavy meetings, and relishes the opportunity to do something so different having been in the restraining strait-jacket of management.

It's a good point. Football is a release - the shouting, highs and lows of support and the camaraderie with all around you can be extremely cathartic.

But he is one of the lucky few. His club hasn't been sullied by the money of the Premier League, which attracts trophy chasers and, as he supports Plymouth, away fans have to be into the football and not just the shouting to go there.

He's lucky but I'm not convinced and I'm planning to be at Welford Road for Christmas and not Pride Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment