I can't help it.....

I love TV. I watch so much.

I love it all. I watch quality stuff like The Wire and box sets of Spaced and The Mighty Boosh and I hard drive documentaries like Man on Wire or Folk America (although they currently sit there unwatched).

But then there's the mediocre stuff I watch like Lost, Waking The Dead and Battlestar Galactica

And then there's the stuff which is enjoyable and trashy like Harper's Island, Heroes and Reaper.

And then there's the stuff I'm hooked on like endless repeats of Scrubs and Friends.

Then there's the stuff my wife is hooked on and I pretend not to enjoy but secretly do like Location, Location, Location, Grand Designs and Property Ladder.

And I haven't even mentioned films.

Last week in a joyous moment I spurned TV and read and lo, it was good. I read The Gargoyle and it made me remember why I love to read and why novels like Cloud Atlas, Jane Ayre, Life of Pi, Birdsong and Catch 22 are an important part of my life.

Hey, telly's good too. Don't get me wrong - I think it's an important part of modern culture it's just that now I'm watching a double bill of Friends while working on the laptop and silently loathing myself for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment